A list of apps that help my patients and their parents navigate health information and wellness.
- Would like to first acknowledge the power of the phone. Who doesn’t have their phone on them. If you can’t remember your child’s medications, then take a photo of the bottle or box with the name of the medication on it and instructions. If you think the rash might change by the time you see the doctor, have your child strike a pose!
- Kids’ Wellness Tracker: Find dosing for tylenol and motrin, keep track of current medications. CURRENT LIST OF MEDICATIONS!!!! So important for the doctors to know this, and that includes non prescription medications too!
- Vaccines on the Go: From CHOP. Vaccine information at your fingertips wherever your are!
- KidsDoc Symptom Checker: From the American Academy of Pediatrics, for school of life experience Dr. Mom or Dr. Dad… or the Dr. Grandparent who can talk LOL and TTYL!
- Top 10 apps for tracking menstrual cycles: No more excuses for our teen girl patients, glued to their smart phones, to not know when their last period was (defined as the first day of the period)
- Circle of 6: A safety app to let 6 contacts know where are you and that you need help.