This is a list of community resources that my patients have found helpful.
Local development/behavioral and mental health resources
- Delaware County Professional Services: 610-892-3800
- Springfield Psychological: 610-544-2110
- Elwyn Behavioral Health: 610-891-2000
- Early Intervention Pennsylvania (800-692-7288), Delaware, New Jersey
- Child Guidance Resource Center: (mouse over the services button for a full list of how they can help your child), 484-454-7800
- Project REACH, a 24 hour mobile crisis intervention service for Delaware County: 610-352-4703, 855-889-7827
- Suicide Prevention, 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Main Line Health Addictive Services for teenagers 14+: 484-476-6543
Gyms and parks
- Coming soon. Just launched this website yesterday, so yeah. I’m only human.
- Oh, how I love libraries!!! I grew up going to the library and frequently take my kids to the library where they pick out new books and play with new toys (new to them which is totally what counts as beta parenting, because who has time, money, and space to keep buying new new books & toys at home?!?!?).
- Find a local library near you! Listing of all Delaware County libraries.
- Find a local library event of you and your child to attend. I especially encourage stay at home parents to take advantage of opportunity for them and their young child to mingle with other parents and kids and hear great storytelling and music from the talented librarians. This resource is also great for shy elementary school aged kids who are into chess, legos, and/or mind craft to play with other like-minded kids, since the elementary schools often don’t offer clubs or after school activities yet.